Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2: A Day of 3's

Word Count: 1,284
Chapters Written: Chapter One
Edits Made: 0

Today's segment is a dream sequence that introduces my main character, Anberlin, by her real name, Anna. It was a bit of a pain to write, but I haven't gone back to edit it yet. I'm hoping that once I do, the word count will increase.

In other news, the event I and iParadigm are organizing, Secret Nano, has begun officially. All the participants have been partnered up and informed of their partners, despite a very brutal resistance from the NaNoWriMo website, which didn't want to allow us to send out any NaNoMail or search for participants. What is Secret NaNo, you ask? Secret NaNo is an event in which participants must send their partner a box of seven gifts, costing up to ten dollars, that relates to their partner's story in some way.

For example, if someone planned to write a story about zombies, their partner, without telling them who they are, would create a box full of goodies related to zombies, horror, and destruction. This was intended to appeal to the NaNoites who had a crafty side that complemented their literary side. We hope to do this again next year as we got a very surprising turn-out this year. Hopefully no kinks will come up and I sincerely wish everyone sends their partner a package. It would be awful to receive one and not send one. Even sending a package late is better than not sending one at all.

Finally, today I received a lovely letter from Kathelyne, who hails from Australia. Her letter will definitely help me create a portion of Morpheus's City in the Demos Oneiron, if not inspire a character who will exist there. I'll add a post later of all the letters and postcards I've received up to now, likely tomorrow.

Here's to tomorrow, a day of catching up!

No comments:

Post a Comment